Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Location: Warehouse Based in Perivale, London with Advertising Site visits around Britain
Salary: £20k - £24k, dependant on experience
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Undertake all maintenance jobs on the Company’s advertising networks including Retail Parks, Shopping Centres and University environments.
- Working to agreed Company Maintenance Standards and Health & Safety Standards.
- Act as ambassadors for the Company and as such must maintain the proper Company image.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance on advertising assets in accordance with defined schedules and standards.
- Carry out Reactive Maintenance for advertising assets and fault resolution meeting defined standards.
- Communicate fault issue and resolution via mobile device.
- A timely and efficient work ethic when carrying out Planned and Reactive Maintenance.
- Assist with quality checks of all sites.
- Assist with any other reasonable duties required by the Team Leader/Line Manager.
- Accurately maintain worksheets for the recording of work carried out.
- Work as part of the ‘On Call’ team on a rota basis.
- Work within the Health & Safety guidelines and site specific RAMS at all times.
- Work within the Health & Safety guidelines ensuring that any accidents, hazards and near misses are reported.
- Promptly and accurately report any damage to Company assets.
- Ensure all tools, equipment and PPE issued are kept in good working order.
- Ensure correct tools, equipment and parts are taken to site for required tasks.
- Follow defined procedures for Stock Control for booking / returning / labelling equipment. Accountable for Van Stock and on-site spare parts.
- To maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of a company vehicle and to ensure that all vehicle related documentation is correctly completed and handed in on time.
- Be aware of the service requirement of the company vehicle and organise the same with the Operations department.
- Ensure all operational practices comply with current Health & Safety regulations
- Liaise with the Team leader/ Line Manager on all operational issues.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a high standard of personal presentation with excellent communication skills.
- Basic electrical understanding / competency.
- Computer literate, ability to use laptop, computers, and other mobile devices.
- IPAF & PASMA trained and experience with MEWP’s would be an advantage, but training can be provided.
- Aptitude for mechanical & technical tasks.
- Clean drivers licence.
- Training will be provided in specific areas of the work process including Health and Safety, such as manual handling, work at height, first aid at work and working in the vicinity of Highway Electrical equipment.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Commitment to high levels of customer service.
- Have a flexible approach as the role involves some travel, overnight stays and unsociable hours.
- Must have a ‘team player’ attitude; supporting colleagues, sharing information and best practices.
- A part of the role requires working at height, so must be comfortable with high level working and within Working at Height safety guidelines.
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Undertake reasonable lifting duties.
- Proven ability to work under pressure while prioritising and meeting deadlines
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to solving technical issues.
- Literate and numerate in order to complete necessary reports.
- Ability to communicate and interact confidently with clients and senior management.
- Operatives must wear a company uniform at all times of work and ensure that the correct PPE is worn.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to David Stokes at email@example.com